Nothing says your ready for Mardi Gras more then some classic New Orleans southern seafood. In genuine Fat Tuesday fashion were cooking up some spicy cajun crab cakes. Jazz up any party with this quick and easy recipe straight from the bayou. This fiery fare will make you want to boogie down all night long as if your right on Bourbon Street.
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees F.
- Mix all Cajun Seasoning Ingredients together.
- Flake the crabmeat into a large bowl and add the bread crumbs, mustard, hot sauce, Cajun seasoning, eggs, and onion.
- Mix well but don’t overwork or the cakes will be mealy. Divide the mixture into 16 balls and flatten slightly to form the cakes.
- Pour 1/2-inch of vegetable oil into a medium saucepan and heat over medium-high.
- When oil is hot, fry the cakes in batches until golden brown, about 3 minutes per side. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels. Keep warm in a low oven until ready to serve.
Recipe and Photo from FoodNetwork.com